Friday, March 14, 2014

Guard Mouth And Tongue

(A study/comparison of similar verses)
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.

Psalm 141:3
 
In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,
But he who restrains his lips is wise.
Proverbs 10:19

Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 18:21
 
If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and
does not bridle his tongue
but deceives his own
heart, this one’s religion is useless.
James 1:26
 
For he who would love life and see good days,
let him refrain his tongue from evil, and
his lips from speaking deceit.

1 Peter 3:10
 
I said, “I will guard my ways, lest I sin with my
tongue; I will restrain my mouth
with a muzzle,
while the wicked are before me.”
Psalm 39:1
 
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth,
but what is good for necessary edification,
that it may impart grace to the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29
 


No comments:

Post a Comment