Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Be Still And Know

(Click on graphic for larger view.)
The full verse says,
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted
among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
Psalm 46:10
 
Looking in the dictionary and the thesaurus,
here are some words I found, that have a 
similar meaning to the word "still".  They
are: Quiet, Calm, Stable, Restful, Peaceful,
Tranquil, Undisturbed, Untroubled, Subdued,
Motionless, Relaxed, Soothed and Serene.

As Christians, these words help us to see how God wants
us to live our daily lives, as we TRUST in Him.  The verse we
are looking at says, "BE STILL and KNOW that I am God."

Lord, I confess that I often fail You in this.  Please
forgive me, and remind me that You are my SOURCE
of peace and calm in this life.  Help me to "Be Still"
before You, because I "know" You are God.
In Jesus' name,
Amen


2 comments:

  1. Everything you have said is what I would say. It is hard to be still all the time. It is something I often fail in.
    How wonderful it is to KNOW that He is God Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Thank You, Lord, for Your forgiveness.

      Delete